Current available position – March 2021
Experienced Exhibition Freight Forwarder
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK
About EBISS UK ltd
EBISS UK Ltd is the market leader in exhibition and conference logistics, freight forwarding and logistics. We take care of our customer’s stands, and materials to world-wide locations to include Customs procedures, set-up & dismantling of stands. We also handle fine art shipping, storage & installation services moving valuable works of art for galleries, artists, and to global art fairs.
EBISS has a proven worldwide ability along with a network of trusted partners. We manage all shipping, whether by courier, air, sea, or road.
Job Description & Person Specification
Job Title: Project Manager / Project Coordinator – Exhibitions team
Reports to General Manager
At EBISS UK, we bring an enormous amount of ingenuity and experience to our customers through skills and knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include.
- Coordinating and organising shipments moving from A to Z as well as monitoring and tracking shipments.
- Defining and creating quotes for standard and complex shipping requirements
- Managing imports and exports and cross trade shipments via air, sea and at times road (we do not split our teams into defined responsibilities)
- Handling events schedules, pricing and operational delivery
- Manage multimodal logistic requirements, including large, time sensitive freight bookings.
- Onsite project management of events in location
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Coordinate shipments in and out of the events correctly input all required information on the EBISS UK systems
- Working with and managing healthy relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
Key professional and personal Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of foreign markets, import and export rules.
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive can-do attitude and willingness to stay until the job is done.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience working within the Exhibition Freight industry
- Good understanding of the industry across the main modes of transport
- Available to work in Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- Excellent in problem-solving and decision making, professional and positive approach and self-motivated.
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
- Someone who is comfortable working on their own or within a team and confident enough to lead a group of individuals to achieve a positive result.
- Excellent attention to detail & strong administrative skills who can work to deadlines.
- Comfortable in taking directions and adaptable to change who has clear communication both written and verbally.
- Experience in managing customers and trading relations.
- Account / Project management experience
- Full driving licence
- Customs clearance knowledge, ATA Carnets, Temporary Import etc
- freight experience (ideally project based)
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Behavioural Descriptors (you will be)
Job Context and Environment
The jobholder ordinarily works from EBISS’ clean and modern office in Burgess Hill. He or she will travel regularly in line with meeting our client’s operational needs and events in the UK and Europe and from time to time will travel further afield.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All jobs delivered on time.
- All costs within budget
- All systems followed.
- Operational revenue targets achieved.
- Accuracy of job information
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- 20 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Fast-paced environment with lots of interesting and enjoyable work
- Regular company socials
If you’re not a recruiter, email us at email@example.com