Trainee Operations Executive
Desirable but not essential Experience, skills & personal qualities for this role include:
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good computer literacy skills specifically knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Professional, trustworthy, well presented, polite and hard working
• Ability to take the initiative and manage own workload when required
• Confident at dealing with people at all levels
• Punctual, reliable and adaptable
• Able to adapt to new tasks and manage time efficiently
• Confident and articulate with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Highly organised and methodical with good administrative skills
• Excellent numerical ability with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Have a methodical and problem-solving ability
• Have a practical mind as some of our work, requires physical effort and skills
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist the team with getting shipments ready for despatch. This includes set-up of exhibition stands, stacking
and creating pallet loads, use of a forklift (training and certification to be given)
• Assist the warehouse manager with arranging inventories and general warehouse duties.
• General office duties and administrative support to the Operations Team. These include answering the phone,
entering orders to our custom written software, booking shipments for world-wide shipping, checking
purchase invoices and entering onto our systems, generating sales invoices.
• Subject to driving age, some driving of small vans may be required locally and nationally
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• Liaising with our drivers and suppliers
• Handling day to day enquiries via phone, email, written correspondence
• Maintaining and compiling spreadsheets as well as our on-line systems
Logistics experience is not essential as full training will be given to the right applicant however if you have a background in administration, that would be beneficial.
Hours are full time 0830-1700 Monday Friday with occasional weekend/evening work in busy periods (with time off in
To be considered for the position please send a copy of both your CV and covering letter to support your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £12,000.00 to £18,000.00 / year
Job Location: RH17 5PB
Required licence or certification: Full UK Driving Licence